I’m Chelle and I’m a stay-at-home-mama to two babies: my 14-year-old son, Riley and my fur baby, Nala. The love of my life, Mr. J and I have been together for 12 years! Between wifey + mama duties and my endless doctors appointments, I find writing – err…. typing to be therapeutic.
I’ve dealt with chronic illness most of my life; I know how difficult it is for a kid who has to deal with it. I also know what it’s like to be a teenage mom completing her high school education while raising a little monkey and working two part-time jobs. I understand falling in love as a single mom, pursuing higher education with chronic illness and growing as a person every step of the way.
I realized from a young age that I was always sick. No matter what I did + no matter how careful I was. I came to accept that my immune system is just super weak! I’ve been hospitalized numerous times over the years for chronic pain but the doctors could never figure out why. I’ve suffered from intense headaches for at least a decade. Between the ages of 26-28, I have been diagnosed with migraines, a heart condition, psoriasiform dermatitis, 5 spinal conditions, anxiety and clinical depression.
Can you say “my path twisted and turned”? *whispers* my path twisted and turned. Oh how I grew up wishing and hoping that life would just go from Point A to Point B in a straight line… a happy, adventurous, and loving straight line. But no… life took me through some dark forests and murky waters. My Point B has changed over the years… I guess that’s what growing up does sometimes.
I’ve always loved the idea of writing and I must admit that I can be online for hours reading blogs! I’ve always thought blogging was a great idea and I’m at a point in my life when I can focus on blogging. I want people to get to know me and I want to get to know my readers!
Here are 25 things about me!
- My favorite colors are purple and teal
- I can stay in bed all day
- So far I have 18 tattoos
- I love cats
- I’ve dyed my hair red, purple, blue and pink…
- I don’t like being in open water…
- I’ve been the same size (height and weight) since grade 8…. I don’t like it.
- I’m starting to not like heights
- I don’t watch television ….does NETFLIX count because I’ll binge watch shows….
- I am the biggest arachnophobe you’ll ever meet ….seriously…. I’ll scream… I’ll cry… it’s not pretty.
- I *LOVE* reading books! Fiction, nonfiction… novels, textbooks…. doesn’t matter!!!!
- I knit and crochet like a noob! …..basic stitches…. blankets and scarves.
- I write poetry.
- I love skulls so much that I have one tattooed on my arm. It’s an anatomical skull… Thank you, Frank Netter.
- I’m an introvert
- I like arts and crafts
- I just recently discovered the awesomeness of ONESIES
- I own a skateboard and can skate “from point A to point B” (no tricks)
- I love medical shows
- I’m a Harry Potter fan
- I get into the baking mood around Christmas time
- I love stuffies! I’ve got a bunch of them and I can’t get rid of them.
- I like some gummy candies… like… gummy worms (especially the sour ones!), the strawberry poofs…. Swedish berries….
- I’m a Coca Cola lady.
- I love making little Origami stars.